AHERA Designated Person Statement of Responsibilities
Pursuant to Section 763.84 and Section 763.93 of the EPA Asbestos in Schools Regulation (40 CFR Part 763), each management plan must contain a true and correct statement, signed by the LEA designated person, that certifies that the general LEA responsibilities have been met. This form is provided to assist you in complying with this portion of AHERA.
Designated Person Name
Designated Person Address
- This AHERA Management plan was developed and has been submitted pursuant to the Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act of 1986. Public Law 99-519; and the United States Environmental Protection Agency Rule: Asbestos Containing Materials in Schools, 40 CFR Part 763; and the undersigned does hereby certify that the LEA has and will ensure the following:
- The activities of any persons who perform inspections, reinspections, and periodic surveillance, develop and update management plans, and develop and implement response actions, including operations and maintenance, are carried out in accordance with Part 763.
- All custodial and maintenance employees are properly trained as required in Part 763 and all other applicable Federal and/or State regulations (e.g., the Occupational Safety and Health Administration Asbestos Standard for Construction, the EPA Worker Protection Rule, or applicable State regulations).
- All short-term workers (e.g., telephone repair workers, utility workers, or exterminators) who may come in contact with asbestos in a school are provided information regarding the locations of ACBM and suspected ACBM assumed to be ACM.
- All warning labels are posted in accordance with Section 763.95.
- All management plans are available for inspection and notification of such availability has been provided as specified in the management plan under Section 763.93(g).
- The undersigned person designated by the LEA pursuant to Section 763.84(g)(1) has received adequate training as stipulated in Section 763.84(g)(2).
- The LEA has and will consider whether any conflict of interest may arise from the interrelationship among accredited personnel and whether that should influence the selection of accredited personnel to perform activities under Part 763.
Asbestos Designated Person: ______________________________ Date:_______________